In honor of Singles Awareness Day, here’s a list of celebrities who’ve been flying solo for years–for better or for worse. Here they are:
1. Diane Keaton has no interest in marriage. She has said, “…a life shared together? That’s a different world. I think you have to be somebody who can compromise and be realistic. I could never do it. Ever.”
2. After Betty White’s third husband, Allen Ludden, died in 1981, she has decided to stay single. She told Larry King, “Once you’ve had the best, who needs the rest?”
3. The last time Stevie Nicks had a public boyfriend was in 1989 with Rupert Hine. Kristin Davis has only one love in her life: her adopted daughter Gemma. She has never married, saying, “I don’t know if I’ll ever get married. I’m perfectly happy with my single self.”
4. Tim Gunn says he has been celibate for over 30 years after a boyfriend cheated on him in 1982.
5. Leslie Jones said what many single people are thinking when she recently tweeted, “I just feel like I might die alone.” She has had no public relationships.
6. Sheryl Crow hasn’t been with anyone publicly since Lance Armstrong in 2006.
7. Chelsea Handler has always said she’s not the marrying kind. She even dedicated an episode of her show Chelsea Does to the subject. Her last confirmed boyfriend was in 2010.
8. While Katie Holmes has moved on to Jamie Foxx, Tom Cruise has been single since their split in 2012. Recent reports linked him to his Mission: Impossible 6 co-star Vanessa Kirby, but the actress called the rumors “ludicrous.”