General Contest Rules
The following rules apply in all contests or promotions sponsored by CIGM-FM / THE NEW HOT 93.5 (the "Station"), which is owned and operated by NewCap Radio. By participating in any such contests or promotions, listeners agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, particular contests or promotions may have rules that are specific to those contests or promotions. If the particular rules for a specific contest or promotion conflict with the following general rules, the particular rules will govern.
- Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CIGM-FM / THE NEW HOT 93.5 (the "Station") may change the dates, rules and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in Ontario. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap Inc. or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, shall not participate and are not eligible to win.
- Prizes. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days on each NewCap Inc. broadcasting station, for prizes valued under $600 dollars. After winning a prize valued $600 or more, winner must wait one full year before being eligible to win another prize $600 or more. All sales, prize and other taxes, costs, gratuities, fees, expenses and any other incidentals associated with the prize or its use or enjoyment are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted by the winner. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
- Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving the prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be disqualified. The Station is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in mail, telephone or other communications systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching the Station. If relevant to the Contest, listeners can call the CIGM-FM / THE NEW HOT 93.5 contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before the caller's name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by the Station is reserved exclusively to the Station. Decisions of the Station and any judges appointed by it are final (unless otherwise determined by the Station). All contest entries will become the property of the Station.
- Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, its direct and indirect parent, associated and subsidiary companies and each of their officers, directors, employees and contractors (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest.
- Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station's website, in person at the Station's studios (493-B Barrydowne, Sudbury ON, P3A 3T4) during regular business hours (Mon-Fri. 9:00am – 5:00pm) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
- Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
- Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for the Station. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the NewCap Inc. radio stations. Winners consent to all such usage.
- Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
- The rights of the Station under these rules will not be prejudiced or restricted by any waiver extended to a winner or contestant and no waiver by the Station of any breach of these rules and regulations will operate as a waiver in respect of any subsequent breach.
- In the case of ballot entry contests, if the ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
- Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If it is determined that the ballot was filled out by another person, a new ballot will be drawn.
- By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
- The Station makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
- The Station reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- If a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, the Station is not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
- Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
Additional Internet Rules relating to Internet Usage for Contests
- Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may, for example, limit a participant's ability to participate.
The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. The Station in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.